IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN (Objective Discussion Only)

22 minutes ago, jabbr said:

It’s been demonstrated that copper Ethernet can transmit common mode noise aka leakage current to receivers and in hospitals, particularly in ICIs where there might be direct cardiac electrodes, so-called Ethernet isolation filters are used (they weren’t developed for the audiophile market 😂)

I work in health care, IT Networking. We put those in to protect really expensive equipment from voltages they weren't intended to receive.

Guess what switch Konica puts in with their X-Ray machines...

10 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Once again, show me one "generic" thing about it:

EtherREGEN Tech.Highlights web.jpg

It is about as far from "generic" as you can get. Not counting case or power supply, this board--in 500 unit qty.--costs us over $200 each.

So what, you made an expensive mousetrap...

5 minutes ago, plissken said:

I work in health care, IT Networking. We put those in to protect really expensive equipment from voltages they weren't intended to receive.

Guess what switch Konica puts in with their X-Ray machines...

Its not the UpTone EtherRegen? ~shocked~

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:22 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I must say, the amount of posts being reported as being against the objective-fi rules is astounding. However, the objectivists aren't reporting their own fellow objectivists. 

Chris

Would you please consider closing this topic as there has been no new applicable technical content being added in the last page or so, just more of the same .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Chris

Would you please consider closing this topic as there has been no new technical content being added in the last page or so,

just more of the same .

Oh, you got your feelings hurt because you were off topic and had your post removed?

Several pages of this thread is your hubbub. That and your "guys".

1 hour ago, alfe said:

You mean phase noise, close in phase noise, deterministic jitter, periodic jitter...😄

I'm thinking that as DSD upsampling goes up, the effect of a reasonable amount of phase error in even the DAC clock goes down. Random jitter at DSD512/25Mhz may not/probably doesn't make an audible difference. Perhaps @pkane2001 can model that ;) 

There's a limit to audibility and upsampling pushes the effects further away from the audible band.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

6 minutes ago, André Gosselin said:

Uptone has already repeated nth time that measurements will come in due time. Until then, please take a pause.

Do you hear what you are saying?
So UpTone developed an audiophile network switch, and put it up for sale, before researching if one is actually called for?
Do you realise how ass-backwards that sounds?

4 minutes ago, André Gosselin said:

Quousque abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra ?

-- Cicero

"No pilluhan se on aina mielessä, mutta hypätään nyt ensin!" 

(toimittajan kysyessä Matilta, mikä on miehellä mielessä)

1 minute ago, André Gosselin said:

OK, we know more now where you are coming from. I have neer been afraid of reveailing my true name and identity, it is all there since beginning in all my posts on AS. My address and phone number are available if you want. I challenge you to do the same.

Listen sandyk, give it a rest will you?
You already had your post removed for being off topic. Just move on.
We all know its you.

39 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Listen sandyk, give it a rest will you?
You already had your post removed for being off topic. Just move on.
We all know its you.

Please go back to A.S.R.  where you will be more appreciated.

I edited my own post, it was NOT removed. 

Neither have I sent any recent PMs to Admin about the posts in this thread or other threads, although I feel sure that others have complained about your posts in this Objective area.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

Please go back to A.S.R.  where you will be more appreciated.

I edited my own post, it was NOT removed. 

Neither have I sent any recent PMs to Admin about the posts in this thread or other threads, although I feel sure that others have complained about your posts in this Objective area.

I'm done with this topic. @Jud gave me a straight answer and I have no further reason to talk about this.