IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN (Objective Discussion Only)

54 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Isn't then calling something 'snake oil' or a 'con' because the measurements don't live up to your expectations (esp without actually listening to the piece in question) an entirely subjective call? Esp with no regard to a large amount of reports of hands on experiences? If you insist on objectivity then be objective, which is great, just don't turn it into a subjective smear fest in the name of objectivity.

It's good to question, or to try and figure out what the question should be and how it can be answered, but that's a two way street, and not the sole ownership of one party.  

There is nothing, based on science, that suggests UpTone EtherRegen would have any effect on the output sound quality from any decently designed DAC.  

There is a plethora of network engineers who says data traffic does not behave in the way Uptone Audio claims it does. The device has been tested and the results show it does nothing a generic 30$ switch doesn't do.  

I call fraud, snake oil and bullshit on this product.

9 hours ago, Seraph said:

What are you talking about? When was this blind test done and who participated?

It has already been posted by me on numerous occasions already.

Use the Search Facility IF you are genuinely interested in anyone's opinion but your own.  

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

19 minutes ago, Seraph said:

There is nothing, based on science, that suggests UpTone EtherRegen would have any effect on the output sound quality from any decently designed DAC.  

It’s very possible that a cheap Ethernet switch might transmit common mode noise to the receiver.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

11 minutes ago, alfe said:

You mean phase noise, close in phase noise, deterministic jitter, periodic jitter...😄

It’s been demonstrated that copper Ethernet can transmit common mode noise aka leakage current to receivers and in hospitals, particularly in ICIs where there might be direct cardiac electrodes, so-called Ethernet isolation filters are used (they weren’t developed for the audiophile market 😂)

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

48 minutes ago, Seraph said:

There is a plethora of network engineers who says data traffic does not behave in the way Uptone Audio claims it does. The device has been tested and the results show it does nothing a generic 30$ switch doesn't do.  

I call fraud, snake oil and bullshit on this product.

Didn't think it would be THAT easy to prove my point so quickly, but with Seraph around...

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

25 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Your posts are cancerous.

Reply removed due to being OFF TOPIC

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

It's good to question, or to try and figure out what the question should be and how it can be answered, but that's a two way street, and not the sole ownership of one party.  

There is no two way street or figuring out what the question should be. 
UpTone EtherRegen is a generic switch with a 640$ price tag.

1 minute ago, Superdad said:

Once again, show me one "generic" thing about it:

EtherREGEN Tech.Highlights web.jpg

Listen buddy, you've shown that picture ad nauseam. I'll wait until you get your stuff together and actually publish something relevant.