IGNORED

Article: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Review and Comparison

Excellent review!!! Really well done and exceptionally-well communicated.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

1 hour ago, Puma Cat said:

All an Innuous does is put a lot of high-bandwidth noise from its CPU into other components in the audio rack. Moreover, this high-bandwidth noise from these CPUs is picked up by unshielded speaker cables, which acts an antennas for high-bandwidth noise and is fed backwards into the power amp, only to be re-amplified as noise. 

The best thing you can with respect to any music server is to locate it as far away from the audio rack as possible. Mine is 40 feet away from the audio rack, I run fiber from it to the network bridge. 

This is really good advice - advice that I should actually follow.  In my case the two noise generators are my Innuos server and Hugo M-Scaler.  My OPTO-DX provides me with the ability to place these I think up to 5m away from the rest of my gear using an optical connection.  One of these days.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

30 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Headphone cross-feed and "correction" has been tried for decades and the market has always rejected it. 

The DAVE has a cross-feed feature, as does my TT2.  I do think that some Chord headphone users appreciate having this feature.  I don't do headphone listening with my TT2 so I have no opinion on this feature. 

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Not really. I used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099S4MZI

Nice thing about that choice is they acknowledge using Corning fiber.  They don’t say which variant but this seems a good choice.  I’m using this as well and after a brief search didn’t see any other option that would be obviously better for relatively short runs of single mode.  

For longer runs there is a ClearCurve fiber that has some advantages as far as installation.  There’s also another type of Corning fiber that’s optimized for multimode called InfiniCore.  The fiber that Sonore sells to use with their multimode SFPs uses this fiber.  Excellent choice for their multimode SFPs, but probably not a good choice for single mode’s longer wavelengths.