IGNORED

Article: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Review and Comparison

Super detailed review! Thanks, Rajiv!

Anyone have any comparisons/insights as compared to the GigaFOIL v4? I’m not sure if it reclocks, but I think is just a filter?

I don’t need a full switch so I feel these are overkill and would furthermore like to retain gigabit throughput for you know, the future, especially if I’m spending more than $500. 

To add, I would be very interested in objective measurements of these types of devices by a skilled electrical engineer with an oscilloscope or other testing method like that.

A network engineer with a command line prompt is not going to be able to show us relevant testing results for the problems that these devices solve.

13 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Dear rhmmmm - I hope I got the right number of m's :)

You must have misunderstood my reference. I was pointing you to the threads here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/forum/25-uptone-audio-sponsored/

Got it! I ran across that thread much later - my first intuition was to go to the Networking section and found those two fairly negative threads within the first two pages. 

I don't have the bandwidth to regularly check the forums and follow the trends (work and life is very busy), so just coming up for air here a bit and to blow some $ on grounding tweaks like the Nordost QKore and I just ordered this unit thanks to your review!

With a QKORE coming, my next question is...should I ground the EtherREGEN to it using a spade to the ground terminal? or should I use an RJ45 grounding cable to a port on the 4-port side?

I'm assuming the ground terminal with spade would be the best option?