IGNORED

#FutureFi -- The Clock is Ticking

1 hour ago, firedog said:

So bottom line you decided the system with the BXT sounded best, or was there another reason? Andyou are running direct from the server to the Kii Control?

There are several things at play here.  First, I was setting my self up to be an audio dealer out of my home.  That is not going to work now.  Economy and health will not allow for “random” people in my home for extended listening.  

Second I am an experimenter at heart.  I want to learn and so the Antipodes gear was filling the best in class demo not experimenting.

The Kii’s let me experiment a lot with all the inputs, etc.  They also fit into the room visually better.  The Kii’s have an precision of presentation that I really like.  So yes they sound better.  They are also twice $$ of the 8C’s.   I have not 

In my testing right now.  I am using the SOtM PCIe USBext interface to a SOtM TXUSB Ultra to the Kii’s. I am using Euphony Audio software in both Roon+StylusEP and Stylus.  The main variable at the moment is changing Motherboards and CPU’s.   I have a whole thread going on my server testing.  (Oh using two HDPLEX Supplies, and an opticalmodule)

I have to go make a pretty picture of my system like @austinpop does.  I also want to thank @Nenon for the ASUS x470 and AMD suggestions.  The Xeon board and CPU I picked sounded really good, this sounds better!  I am thinking it is mostly the cores!