IGNORED

NAS POLL - How much NAS do you need in times of streaming???

!!! THIS IS A NAS POLL !!!! Thanx in advance for your participation ! It's public - Pls pm me, if that's a problem!  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Under 5. The need for capacity is slowing ...  I checked "Other reasons/answers are welcome"

I don't need capacity as under my apartment complex's lease agreement I am no longer allowed to stream or download using their free wi-fi internet. Which is OK with as I prefer playing SACDs.

The DSD and 24-bit PCM music files I downloaded (and kept) before this change come out to 65 GB total and I have 403 GB available on my hard drive. I didn't know what a NAS was and looked it up and it appears to be different than the backup drive I use. Some of these computer terms are hard for me to understand.

95% of my music is on physical SACDs, I have thought about adding them to my computer. However, from the threads I've read here on creating DSD music files from SACDs it looks like too much work. So I just play my SACDs.

I do have a question about NAS that my google search didn't answer, is it a drive that can be activated by multiple devices that play computer music files?

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa