IGNORED

NAS POLL - How much NAS do you need in times of streaming???

!!! THIS IS A NAS POLL !!!! Thanx in advance for your participation ! It's public - Pls pm me, if that's a problem!  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have 2TB NAS capacity, about 700gb is (mostly) 2 channel PCM music. I plan to upgrade storage to 4TB within 90 days largely because of video storage and

more DSD downloading in the future. Excellent poll, a good followup poll might be to stratify "how much NAS storage do you have for your primary music source",

wouldn't surprise me if some have NAS's backing up their primary NAS

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

18 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Hi guys,
I was looking on the NAS topic for the last weeks and I was wondering in which direction we (the audiophile community) will turn. our interest in storage.
Reflecting my personal behaviour, I have noticed that I use streaming for the ease of use, but quite often for the possiblity to pursue a higher level of selection when it comes to buying a whole album or specific titles.
Thus, the growth level for disk capacity has really slowed down for me, moreover the VOD streaming offers have substituted a big share of our family videotheque, which had been a major contributor to capacity growth. In music terms, DSD and Hi Res definitely have had a good impact on disk deployement, though the supply of interesting new music in these formats does not really correlate to Moore's law for capacity anymore.
For a future project I like to get a picture where the focus of interest for the AS members will be located.
Thanx in advance for participating. Comments are welcome!
Tom aka DuckToller

Qobuz has been a  boon for me, about 50% of my listening now is Qobuz for new music/non serious listening. Which in turn tends to stimulate download purchases when

I like something and want better from it...local storage does trump Qobuz for resolution. I hear you on video, but am still building up my collection of "great movies"... lots

out there that aren't necessarily available/contemporary for streaming.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system