IGNORED

T+A HA 200 - DSD1024 DAC / Headphone Amp

2 hours ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

Derived from - similar topology though seems changes have been made to filtering (e.g. NOS filtering for PCM HQPlayer support).  I use DSD side primarily as do many.

I wonder how good it will perform as a pre-amp from the headphone output. I am just about to pull the trigger for Niimbus US4+. as I would prefer to keep the digital and analog sections separated but this is a very interesting device. Especially after reading the review.

I am still waiting for my D8000 Pro. I should keep my horses and try to audition it somewhere here in Berlin, after I receive the D8000P.

More and more I am seriously considering the HA200. Apparently T+A officially sells a cable for using the HA200 as a preamp (it is a standart XLR 4 pin to RCA cable with a fancy T+A label, I guess) . Here is one from a German site:

https://www.radiokoerner.de/t-a-4-pin-zu-cinch-adapter-fuer-ha-200.html

"This adapter enables you to transform your T+A HA 200 headphone amplifier into a high-quality DAC/pre-amplifier with analogue and digital inputs. Use the adapter to connect the 4-pin XLR output (centre socket) on the front panel of the T+A HA 200 to a (stereo) power amplifier or active loudspeakers of your choice (analogue Cinch input)."

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A new review of the HA200 can be found on the Stereophile webpage:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-45-ta-solitaire-p-headphones-ha-200-dac-headphone-amplifier

Unfortunately, I was not able to find in my first quick look any impressions obtained with the DSD DAC inside of the HA200. That would have been very interesting to read in particular in comparison to Herb Reicherts Holo Audio May KTE. By extrapolating from my experiences with the DAC8DSD, it seems very likely to me that by not using the DSD DAC together with HQPlayer upsampling of redbook to DSD512 (or even higher) he missed the best SQ that the HA200 will be able to offer. 

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...