IGNORED

T+A HA 200 - DSD1024 DAC / Headphone Amp

Here is some information on the new T+A HA 200  DAC / Headphone Amp combo:

https://www.ta-hifi.de/en/headphones/headphone-amplifier/

Key features;

• PCM up to 768/32 with selectable upsampling algorithms including time-domain optimized "Bezier" upsampling
  • additional: 2 selectable NOS (non oversampling) DAC functions : NOS DAC with analog filtering and "pure" NOS DAC with wide analog bandwidth - the latter intended for high sample rate PCM (fs >= 96kHz) 
  • True 1-Bit DSD DAC up to DSD1024
  • native DSD up to DSD1024 from Windows and Linux sources
  • UAC2 and UAC3 compliant "Thesycon" USB receiver
  • separate signal paths for PCM and DSD
  • galvanic isolation between digital & analog circuits
  • Jitter elimination with femto precision re-clocking
  • pure class-A headphone amp with 100 Watt power supply - up to 700mA (RMS) in class A mode
  • relay Volume control with Vishay high precision resistors and hermetically sealed bi-stable gold contact relays (no steadily flowing relay currents)
  • switchable cross-feed

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

2 minutes ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

Is there an "XLR out" version of this available for non-HP users in the near future?  Needless to say they'll be a queue awaiting such a device if so.  

Beautiful chassis design, by the way!

This device is a dedicated headphone amp - so sorry, no pre-amp output on this device.

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

1 hour ago, m.i.c.k.e.y said:

Yeah a bummer. No analog out.

Well, in fact the three headphone outputs are all analog...😉

But don't get it wrong: This device is not intended to be a standard DAC with standard line or pre-amp outputs.

It was designed as a no-compromise Headphone DAC - purely and solely with the aim to get the best out of the very best headphones.

Who is looking for a DAC with XLR/RCA outputs to drive amplifiers/pre-amps will be better off with a DAC8DSD which has many of the features in common with the HA 200 but intended to drive amplifiers.

10 hours ago, Urs said:

Does it have network streaming and connectivity (ethernet input)? I would really hope, though looking at the front panel, I am afraid it doesn't. 

Well, network streaming is not built in - but we have a USB power output jack delivering 5A/1A continous, 2A peak which could be used for a tiny ethernet to USB bridge or NAA.

3 hours ago, m.i.c.k.e.y said:

With a preamp out  at least (Instead analog ins) or better yet w/ a network streamer, it would be outstanding AIO.

It is possible to use the XLR out on the front panel as a pre-out.

It is a very high quality analog out with 8 Ohms output resistance only - perfect for driving long cables to active speakers.

7 hours ago, opus101 said:

I guess that 'NOS' mode just means they bypass the first stage filter

In 'NOS' PCM mode digital input data is directly fed to the converter stages of the DACs.

External oversampling (in the DSP in front of the DAC chips) and internal oversampling filters in the DACs are bypassed.

In this way it is possible to directly feed the DACs with externally oversampled signals at 768 kSps and use an external oversampling of choice.

14 hours ago, rhmmmm said:

BUT they allow you to have an HDMI ARC option??

HDMI is mainly intended as an option to connect DVD-A and SACD capable BluRay players.

HDMI-ARC is just an additional feature of the HDMI receiver at no extra cost - so why not make it available ?

Just to say it again: this device is NOT intended to serve as a universal DAC. It was not designed to be combined with Amps or active speakers.

It is a DAC + Headphone Amp with the sole aim to drive headphones - and to do this without compromise at the highest possible quality level.

Someone looking for a standard DAC with standard line outputs should better look for something different. For someone looking for a high quality Headphone Amp with a superb DAC section might find that this device is exactly what he needs....

If the majority of forum members feels that the HA 200 does not fit into the DAC section of this forum we should perhaps ask to move this thread to the headphone section....