mfaoro

LPS on switch or NAS?

With a friend, I was discussing whether to put his one remaining LPS (Paul Hynes SR7) connection on his switch (etherregen) or his NAS (QNAP).

I don't have a strong opinion. Since the Etherregen is supposed to isolate the end point from electrical noise etc, I thought the NAS may be a better choice. 

What are your opinions?

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: ,OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < Roon Nucleus +, QNAP HS251 Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER, NAS, Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR4 > ER, SR7 > Nucleus & NAS,  HDPlex200 > OpticalModule. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

Wouldn't it be easier to simply try both locations and listen?

Not exactly. The decision influences the purchase of the power cord from the LPS to the component. (I’ll edit the 1st post).

edit: I guess I can’t edit the first post...

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: ,OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < Roon Nucleus +, QNAP HS251 Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER, NAS, Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR4 > ER, SR7 > Nucleus & NAS,  HDPlex200 > OpticalModule. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

The ER should benefit more if the B side is directly feeding his streamer.  If the NAS is filled with drives, I'm not sure the SR7 would even be an option due to the current requirements.

Digital:  Innuos Zenith Mk3 > Shunyata Sigma USB > Chord Hugo M-Scaler > Wireworld Gold Startlight > OPTO DX > Shunyata Alpha S/PDIF > Chord Hugo TT2 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps