IGNORED

Is the DAC module AK4497 a substantial/moderate upgrade to AK4493?

• 4 months later...

@vvcv, the Topping D-90 does run the AKM 4499 chip in "Direct DSD" mode when the DAC is set with the volume control defeated ("DAC mode"). This has been confirmed directly by Topping, as I asked them this question. 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...

@Yviena, I no,longer have the D-90.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

On 8/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, Yviena said:

Oh ok, if I may ask what did you replace it with?

I picked up the D-90 as an easy way to evaluate the new AKM 4499 DAC chip, I never intended to keep it for long.  Currently I am using the Bricasti M3 as the main DAC in my main system, and I also have my ESS 9038 based DIY and DSC-2 DIY DACs as well.

SONORE computer audio