IGNORED

Fancy outlets on the computer side...

If you are a skeptic of tweaks like upgraded outlets, then no need to keep reading :)

I have read in many places (including this forum) that upgrading AC outlets on the front end of a system (streamer, amp, etc) can have a positive effect on sound quality.

What I haven’t seen discussed is the effect of these outlets on music servers (Roon Nucleus), switches, NAS and other parts of the ‘computer side.’

Have any of you tried outlets such as the Furutech NCF, etc on their music servers, etc? If so, to what effect?

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

Thanks SandyK. Your posts are always so thoughtful and informative. I’m with you on making the whole power chain as high quality as possible. I use Transparent Reference and XL power cords to get from the Outlet and power conditioner to my LPS.

AudiophileNeuroscience: Thank you. I have dedicated, larger gauge power lines. All computer gear is connected to Paul Hynes LPS. I have that covered. 

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

43 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

Computers have a SMPS.  SMPS's don't much care about the AC power quality.

My ‘computer,’ a Roon Nucleus is powered by a linear power supply.

Thank you gmgraves, sandyk, fas42

No, I have not updated the wiring inside my components. I don’t plan to.

Gmgraves, fas42: Are you asserting that improving wiring before the component does not make much difference since the wiring in the component is usually very limited in its capacities. 

31 minutes ago, Jeff_N said:

I installed a Furutech GTX-D. I don't hear any difference from the old outlet that had been in my pre-war apartment for probably fifty years.

Can you describe your system?

57 minutes ago, Jeff_N said:

Forgot the Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers.

Those are cool speakers.