IGNORED

Music PowerSearch

For iTunes, there was a script called iTunes PowerSearch. Does one exist for the Music app? I am trying to find particular remixes, but the search on Music is very clunky — at its best! (I did check Doug's AppleScripts, but didn't find anything similar.)

I'm pretty sure there's no modern version of the iTunes Store web-search dingus. I understand that Apple just this week introduced a feature that displayed alternate versions of releases (original and "legacy", eg). But I suppose you still have to find what you're looking for to begin with in order to see the alts displays.

I'm sure Kirk has a bit to say about search.

There is no longer any "power search" capability. 

I have only just seen the first alternate album in a search; I was looking at Kind of Blue, where there are two versions, the original release and the "legacy" version with an extra track and some false starts and studio banter. Last week, I didn't see the alternate version, but it's showing up for me today. 

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

Yeah, I figured as much, but was hoping beyond hope… With the many different versions of some albums, and artists redoing someone else’s work, I wish Apple would make it easier to search. Provide some advanced options that would allow us to narrow down the search. When searching for Prince, the Purple One, I get Will Smith, Prince Royce and a bunch of stuff from other “Princes.” Hence, my gradual move away from iTunes (uh, sorry, Music) – JRiver Media Center, qobuz and an external drive.

• 3 weeks later...