IGNORED

Article: Dirac Live 2 Digital Room Correction Software Walkthrough

On 4/16/2020 at 6:35 PM, mitchco said:

I don't know how Dirac is implemented in these h/w devices, but on a PC you typically use 65,536 taps per channel which gives full low frequency control. Remember the primary purpose of DRC is to correct the low frequencies below Schroeder. So my review of Dirac 2 is only in the context of using Dirac on a PC

Could one (Dirac) limit the frequency band below a certain frequency ? Like you concentrate the frequency taps in restricted area, and then achieve a more narrow frequency bin. 

I think no, cause this is about frequency resolution, so you can’t shrink somehow. 

Also some HW manufacturers is using 96 kHz, and then you actually need double the number  of taps in in order to achieve same resolution. Correct ?

What would be an acceptable frequency bin or resolution ?

I probably don’t ask the correct question, but I hope you somehow understand what I’m thinking about 😀

Like adjusting more taps to lover frequencies. And less to the higher ones. Don’t think this make sense. 

96000/65536 = 1.46 Hz. Would you like to see a lower number, or what is acceptable In your opinion ?

I notice Dirac now have a basic version below 500 Hz for 3.x, and then you pay extra in order to get access to adjust frequency above that. 
I still would think Dirac requires some sort of available processing power from the HW manufacturers. Unless Dirac supplies the board to the manufacturers. Do you happen to know anything about how this works ?

• 3 weeks later...