IGNORED

Objectivity without measurements

35 minutes ago, alfe said:

You keep spreading this marketing BS , again some info about reflectivity:

https://www.edmundoptics.com/knowledge-center/application-notes/optics/metallic-mirror-coatings/

Performance is about the wavelength and silver have a better reflectivity!

Remember objective-fi.

ps: MAM discs are not gold but silicium alloy

That page you linked to was full of marketing. It may be better to point out the appropriate stuff rather than direct us to several thousand words. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, alfe said:

Sonically I will put the flatness of the substrate first.

Then birefringence

Then stamper groove

Back to my question please. 

You directed us to a bunch of marketing material with graphs about reflectivity. 

1. Did someone suggest that reflectivity is the reason for sonic differences?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, jabbr said:

My take: somehow differences in CDs causing SQ differences got brought up in this supposedly objective thread.

One of the *worlds experts* on CD-R got baited into commenting, and he posted some links ... with objective data... no doubt @alfe has well deserved opinions on various CD-R but bringing up the topic in the first place, without objective data, nor objective reasoning,  was inappropriate for this thread in this subforum... I can’t blame @alfe for getting baited to responding, nor was the response derogatory nor personal ... just my perspective 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is a meta thread about objectivity without measurement: to be very clear, there is theoretical physics vs experimental physics. This thread would be about the former. 

I just don't get why he was pushing reflectivity when nobody here was pushing reflectivity.  

• 2 weeks later...