IGNORED

Objectivity without measurements

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, mfsoa said:

Really guys, you've never had experiences like this? Like you had to place a long cheap cable in your system that you forgot about and then for some unknown reason your system sounds off, only to be restored when the correct cable is reinserted?

LOL, I have.  Many years ago I just had to have a power cord that was the flavor of the month.  Immediately after plugging in the new cord, my wife asked if I changed anything.  Days later, she asked if I liked the change (and I noticed she wasn't listening to our system as she had been).  I had to admit that I didn't and returned the pc.  Once the old pc was in place, she started to listen to music again.  That is just one of numerous examples.  Luckily, our listening preferences are the same:  natural/organic and like live music.  The recorded human voice can tell you about whether a given change is positive in less than one minute.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I must admit that hearing this broken record many times caused me some angst in the past (being someone who feels compelled to reconcile differences).  But with all the uncertainty these days, I'm finding this "discussion" comforting today.  At least you know what is going to be said and that the two perspectives won't agree in the end.  At some point, the curve gets flattened and the thread dissipates.  May it be so with COVID-19!  

Where does this discussion leave pragmatists?  Just couldn't leave it alone today....

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man