IGNORED

Blue Note Jazz DSD downloads at Acoustic Sounds

Acoustic Sounds is offering DSD (64fs) downloads of some of Blue Note's best albums. Has anyone heard them, if so can you post a sample? They are saying they are flat transfers of the master tapes which is pretty appealing to me. These are already available in hi-res from HDTracks and perhaps from other retailers but they are mastered (ie have EQ, etc).

I know they've been offering the AP SACD, DSD rips for a while, these are new titles that went up within the last few days and specifically say flat transfers.

lol I can't say I'd be too keen on hearing another one if I had that many versions! For the most part in my situation I got out of vinyl about 3 or 4 years ago to being 90% digital only and since then I've been looking for my favorite albums on the best sounding versions on digital.

I personally think if you can find the best mastering of an album that will make just as massive a difference as a nice equipment upgrade since the digital files being played are truly the first source even before the DAC, so that is why my quest (and many others on the Hoffman forums) look for the truly best sounding version of albums we love.

BTW someone on that forum said Acoustic Sounds has temporarily taken these down to check the files, but they should be coming back, so please chime in if anyone gets any!