IGNORED

DIY Project High Performance Audio PC with high quality wiring

19 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

Loooking forward to hear your experience with actual TDP of that HDplex

TDP stands for thermal design power in watts and relates to the energy consumption under the maximum theoretical load. The power consumption is less than TDP at lower loads. The TDP is the maximum performance a system should be designed for.

The trick is to achieve high performance and low energy consumption with the clock frequency and the voltage limitation. It takes a lot of attempts. If the equilibrium has been found, the system is very stable at low temperatures.

13 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

I just finally reinstated (read repair) my RJ45 I2S link, and am again convinced that wire matters also in the digital domain.

I have had good experiences with network isolators. fis Audio offers a network isolator integrated in the cable: fis Audio Ultraclean Linear Ethernet Cable.

41535264vb.jpeg

8 hours ago, Topk said:

I would suggest you raise the voltage just as a test and listen, just to make sure you did not dip too low into that threshold…. 

You have to be careful that the CPU doesn't starve to death. But I would always prefer this solution to fans. You can also use the fans well in summer. But your solution is not mine. 😉

Thanks for sharing your experience! I know that the TDP is not the constant power consumption or even equaling the heat dissipated by the CPU, problem is that I see that most folks have trouble keeping the temperature of the PC chassis stable in combination with the fact that I do not want to use metal for a chassis. Therefore I bought two heat sinks that each can handle 300W and I'll see where that gets me with the CPU and Xilinx card running full pull.

I2S should be clean in itself, it's not an ethernet but is only using RJ45 connectors. In my ears it's the best link for NOS DAC designs, it was designed as comm protocol for audio between the IC's of the CD player back in the days when Philips designed the CD player. Normally is struggles when cables get longer than 20 cm, in this implementation the designer states it works flawlessly for long stretches up to a meter. The Pink Faun output card is tailored to work with the Metrum DAC, I compared I2S with USB and SPDIF and found I2S to sound more natural less stressed and cleaner.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

best email Larry @hdplex, he is quite responsive.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

19 hours ago, sitQ said:

when will the new chassis from hdplex be available?

According to my information, the end of September at the earliest. But I'm afraid it will take longer. 😆

On 9/5/2021 at 4:47 AM, StreamFidelity said:

I have had good experiences with network isolators. fis Audio offers a network isolator integrated in the cable: fis Audio Ultraclean Linear Ethernet Cable.

Interesting ... a cable that actually does something! Is it a common mode choke? The ethernet PHY transformers aren't great at filtering common mode noise and adding common mode chokes has been discussed.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

44 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Interesting ... a cable that actually does something! Is it a common mode choke? The ethernet PHY transformers aren't great at filtering common mode noise and adding common mode chokes has been discussed.

I tried Delock and EMOSAFE EN-70HD The disadvantage of these boxes is that additional plugs and sockets are required. I always try to take the direct route to avoid contact resistance and other malfunctions.

Bernd from fis Audio sees it that way and has therefore integrated the network isolator into the cable. He never told me from which manufacturer. It is not one of the above. In addition, the shielding can be switched on and off.

Further informations in German are available here: fis Audio Ultraclean Linear Ethernet Cable.

33 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

Yes, interesting but I couldn't find a commercial link and price ?

The best thing is to ask Bernd by email: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/29/2021 at 4:36 PM, StreamFidelity said:

Tips for refining music files on the hard drive with resampling

FYI - Bug head Resampler 1.01 is included in the latest package

http://www.mics.ne.jp/~cdorya/#download

Bug head Resampler 1.01 正式リリース&終了バグ修正

https://archive.md/HBjQm

https://community.phileweb.com/mypage/entry/229/20211021/68665/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 2:19 PM, StreamFidelity said:

I tried Delock and EMOSAFE EN-70HD The disadvantage of these boxes is that additional plugs and sockets are required. I always try to take the direct route to avoid contact resistance and other malfunctions.

Bernd from fis Audio sees it that way and has therefore integrated the network isolator into the cable. He never told me from which manufacturer. It is not one of the above. In addition, the shielding can be switched on and off.

Further informations in German are available here: fis Audio Ultraclean Linear Ethernet Cable.

The best thing is to ask Bernd by email: [email protected]

EMO recommended to me the EN-85e for audio.  It had the added advantage of a male and female connectors which eliminated an extra connection.  They said they now recommend this model over their others because it has the lowest insertion losses.  They also gave me a checkout code for $10 off and free shipping.  'audio85e'

_EN-85e.png.0e1fa9c470fd5e40f270416148f939c3.png

11 hours ago, Listener7 said:

EMO recommended to me the EN-85e for audio.

I've tried that and I can recommend it.

18 minutes ago, Nenon said:

But for those who can afford to try the unregulated LPS + Taiko ATX, it gets my top recommendation.

Yes, I also think that there is still a lot to discover. You are a role model for many in your insatiable thirst for research. For me too.

👍

I don't doubt the combination sounds better. Because that's what it was designed for. Unfortunately, I am not an electrician. I feel uncomfortable using an unregulated power supply. 

Keces power supplies are operationally reliable. A few days ago I accidentally triggered an overload because I thought I wanted to use DSD256 for 32 channels. I confused the channel input field with the bit input field. 😂

The Keces P8 tolerated my stupidity for a few seconds and then cut the current offended. Not without pointing out the overload in the display. Turned off and turned on again. Everything is going as it was before. I didn't even have to change the fuse.

How does an unregulated power supply behave in this situation? I don't want to try it out. You are much braver than me.

1 hour ago, Zauurx said:

You have a Schumann generator ??  

The frequency was named after the discoverer Winfried Otto Schumann and is 7.83 Hz (main frequency). Attention, now comes snake oil. 😄

It is claimed that the bandwidths correspond to our brain waves. No idea if that's right. The idea is to increase well-being in the living room with an artificially generated frequency of 7.83 Hz. Keces calls it "Quantum".

These Schumann frequency generators are often offered. I tried a cheap part once. It had no effect. I don't know how it is with the Keces P28. To do this, I would have to do a series of tests. But I don't feel like doing it because everything is fine. 👍

This is totally off-topic, other than speaking about frequencies that alter your brain waves.

A friend of mine had a business called synchro energize. She had a studio on Broadway in New York. You put on headphones, there were tones in each ear. They would offset the tones and your brain would synthesize the tone in between the two tones. These tones correlated with Alpha, beta or Theta brain waves states. You could meditate like a Monk, or fall asleep or get invigorated.  In front of your eyes there was a circle of white lights that would basically randomly flash. Your eyes were closed so with the tones you would see hey hypnotic kaleidoscopic light show. It was also really good for helping you fall asleep.
I would help my friend, when she brought the apparatus out to shows or events.

I gave it to Timothy Leary at the limelight in New York. He did not close his eyes, when he put on the apparatus. I wasn’t sure what he did take seriously.

I digress

you could feed this technology right into your headphones. 🤔

I had a device like this in the early 90s. Seeing different colors from the LEDs was mindblowingly interesting. How the heck did that happen! It used binaural tones in the programs, as I recall. Combining the LED perception effects with music must be cool. OK--back on topic!

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

There is plenty of you tube footage for doing just that if I'm not mistaken. It does do something!