IGNORED

DIY Project High Performance Audio PC with high quality wiring

On 2/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, Nenon said:

The 2666MHz Apacer RAM running at 2666MHz sounds better than the 2400MHz Apacer running at 2400MHz or any slower speed. 

I went to Apacer's website and found many choices, Please excuse me if I missed the answer for this question I'm about to ask -   Do you have a Apacer Product part number as per your reference of the  2666MHz Apacer RAM running at 2666MHz ?

Thanks

14 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Grounding with Minadax® ESD antistatic mat and grounding cable

Every time I shuffle over the carpet to the power amplifiers, I get an electric shock when I switch on. 😂

This is very harmful when assembling sensitive electronic parts. I therefore use a grounded antistatic mat. I am also grounded through a bracelet. I connected the crodcodile clips to the protective contact of a socket. I also wear ESD gloves.

This happened to me when listening to my audio a few months ago, somehow the static electricity transmitted through my pre-amp volume knob when I touched it and signal traveled thru to my outbaord DAC - it went away after rebooting the DAC, was a scary moment as I feared that damaged was a result. Everything seems to be working ok now.

I now make a habit of touching my metal "Audio Rack" frame prior to adjusting the volume.

Good advise for when building a pc tho'

On 3/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, StreamFidelity said:

The fis Audio PC fits my equipment quite well.

38002564bj.jpeg

Ver nice, I assume is HDPLEX?  Did you build this with two (dual PC) motherboards inside? Would love to see a pic of the components if possible.  

I'm still trying to figure out to make one piece unit or build dual PC, not made up my mind yet.  

I may need a bit more guidence on component choices, This forum is full of great info.

Thanks