IGNORED

DIY Project High Performance Audio PC with high quality wiring

Did you consider a build based on  the AMD Ryzen 9 3950x with 16 cores (32 threads) at 3.5 ghz and only 105w tdp - runs a LOT cooler than the i9 9900k, especially when you undervolt the CPU.

also i know its been discussed elsewhere but could you please try running daphile loaded from a USB stick for doing DSD512 upsampling. It runs from RAM, does NOT change your windows settings, and is simple to setup. I would be interested to get your opinion on the differences to HQPlayer. A lot of people when testing daphile are usually using a low spec PC and rarely venture into the DSD upsampling.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

the weird thing is that the Daphile Info tab shows the Solarflare with two temperatures( at least that is what I think), I'll tinker some more tonight or tomorrow, perhaps I need to switch off the onboard NIC in order to get this to work...

Daphile builds on an optimised version of Gentoo Linux (5.4.87). Have you tried the beta which is more up to date loaded with the latest drivers. - see the Daphile FAQ for info. Have you raised the issue with Kipeta on the Daphile home page (www.daphile.com). See the bottom of the page for the 'contact' prompt.

• 1 year later...

all this talk on Intel. I have just completed an AMD 7700x build with 16GB 6000khz memory and gigabyte aorus b650m pro mobo and the results (using Daphile) are excellent. Superior to my earlier build using a 5800x and more analogue than my initial i5 9600. Use the BIOS to invoke ECO mode and you get a big reduction in temperature with minimal drop in performance. I also have an interesting case build with Thermaltake V21, noctua nh p1 passive cooler, replaced the thermaltake 10" fan with Noctua, added a 120mm NF-A12x25 LS-PWM Noctua fan to the cooler, elfidelity power buffers for 8tb ssd and fans, Teradak LPSU for the computer, and jcat XE USB (pcie-1 so direct interface with the cpu) with Plixir lpsu. The fans are silent and only operate during 'extreme' loads. I also rotated the cooler and raised the 10" fan so there is a direct natural wind tunnel front to back. Interesting observation was as soon as you hear the 'new' sound there is no going back - the improvement was instantaneous.