IGNORED

DIY Project High Performance Audio PC with high quality wiring

On 1/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, MarcelNL said:

The Solarflare card shows an amber LED on the card but I don't get network connection, which probably is not surprising as it is unlikely that Daphile takes into account that some geek sticks a network card designed for day-trading in a computer destined for audio.

Daphile not using a standard kernel?  Solarflare's sfc driver has been upstream for a while, so unless Daphile stripped the kernel bare (possible) it should have activated.

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, MarcelNL said:

I anticipate that a good old linear front will be needed to make that Taiko DC DC shine. I passed, I could not justify it to myself shelling out this sort of money unseen/unheard...

Nenon has made it clear the winning formula is an unregulated linear to be fair.  I will in time also build that.

53 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

Either that is the solution or instead of a good mid-range LPS like Keces P8, high-end power supplies like Paul Hynes SR7 or Sean Jacobs DC4 are used instead. I hope someone try it because I don't have this power supplys.

Nenon has clearly posted that any regulated solution fed into Taiko's DC DC (that he has tried to date) isn't as effective, so much so he dropped the development of his own highly regulated PSU collaboration with SJ.  And he has access to the DC4 stuff, so that speaks volumes. 

We'll have to try it for ourselves ofcourse to confirm.