IGNORED

My response to "Boycott the sub-forum"

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am so confused right now...  I am clearly missing something that everyone else knows here.

Don't worry too much, I am in that boat with you.... :)

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

48 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Who the hell is Quint?

Andrew Quint, The Absolute Sound magazine.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

To gmgraves:

I am sorry I misrepresented your thoughts/statements.  I was under the impression that you had written that properly-engineered/terminated analog cables had no difference in sound.  My understanding of your thinking was inadequately nuanced.

I agree re. cables.  I keep it simple and cringe at the exorbitant prices of many.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Great! Thanks for your understanding. 

Bill

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Wasn't he in Mutiny on the Bounty?

He was the ship captain in Jaws.😀

I think the MQA ship will suffer the same fate.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

13 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Right. Nobody from the objectivist camp has contributed anything of value here for 12 years. Now it makes sense why you’d banish them all to a sub-forum.

You know as well as I that isn’t what I said. 

If the smartest guy in the world is a jerk, I still don’t want him at my party. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You know as well as I that isn’t what I said. 

If the smartest guy in the world is a jerk, I still don’t want him at my party. 

Your forum does seem like more of a party for you these days.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you don’t like it, you are free to leave. 

Or to stay.