IGNORED

My response to "Boycott the sub-forum"

1 hour ago, Archimago said:

Hmmm guys, to be honest I don't like the change either and think CC's incorrect; we'll leave that for another discussion...

However, is it possible to make the "Objective-Fi" forum become actually the most popular of the forums on here?

Actually "the" place to go to for truly open and honest debate? A place where truth and facts about technology and hardware matter more than some bland concept of "respect" that honours members of the Industry just because they say so, and afraid of stepping on toes because someone might feel bad about it and shy to speak up. Courtesy does not mean having to agree with all opinions and there comes a time when one just has to express to another "you're wrong... here's why..." But let's still be courteous.

Members could easily look at the topics from other forums and import some of the questions being asked and speak about it candidly. Even if objective-talk and attitudes are ring-fenced into some kind of virtual "underground", we could make that underground a place that even subjectivists know to look at to really get another, potentially more complete discussion...

At least the subjective folks who appreciate that maybe it's good to take the "red pill" and come to terms with reality might find this interesting. Heck, we could even respond in the regular forums with a message like "Guys, I have something to say about it... Take the red pill and check out the O-F thread on this.😉

Just a thought.

Thanks Archi. This is exactly what 99% of people here would love. I have emails from both obj and sub people saying the exact same thing as you.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, Samuel T Cogley said:

This thread is disruptive?  Man, that bar sure has lowered since the weekend.

This thread in and of itself isn't disruptive. I can handle it. Your posts within it are getting a bit over the top.

When the civility dust up happened, I did exactly what you asked.  I stopped all snarky comments.  I contributed to the Polestar effort.  I helped random people in the help thread.  I know you are aware of these things.  And I just kept quiet hoping others would too and your purge would not be necessary.

Absolutely aware of this. You've expressed appreciation for this site and it has been really great to see you participate in a different fashion than snark. I'm also very appreciative of what you've done to help the site. 

So hopefully you understand my disappointment when I was rewarded with the purge.

I understand your disappointment, but I believe it's directed at the wrong person(s). Those who elected to not follow the rules are gone. Please voice your displeasure toward them for acting the way they did. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

13 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Right. Nobody from the objectivist camp has contributed anything of value here for 12 years. Now it makes sense why you’d banish them all to a sub-forum.

You know as well as I that isn’t what I said. 

If the smartest guy in the world is a jerk, I still don’t want him at my party.