IGNORED

advantages using HDMI vs USB

2 minutes ago, gellie said:

Defiantly impressive. Unfortunately I dont have any multichannel files downloaded. Only physical media for that(DVD-A, SACD) etc

Those can be ripped.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

For DVD playing, I tend to use the optical out into my little Chord Mojo.  With a full battery charge this little thing does a fairly good job, I believe it does some kind of re-clocking (maybe even async) on its SPDIF inputs.  But I am no big video guy anyway, and my TV is in the bedroom, not in the living room where my "real" audio system is; I believe in sharing music playback with everyone!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

On my MacBook Pro, there is no USB audio output possible when playing video, OSX does not allow that.  I use the optical output, which of course is governed by the internal (to the laptop) clock).  Looks like OSX developers are aware of possible sync/timimng issues using USB audio with video playback.

SONORE computer audio