IGNORED

Measuring objectively real differences in files with identical checksums

wgscott

5 hours ago, jabbr said:

First and foremost, there is ZERO evidence that the differences in pits between two copies of the same (checksum identical) files somehow makes its way onto a hard drive or across a network. I understand that you hear differences but here on the Objecti-Fi subforum, we would ask for a measurable difference, and there has been ZERO demonstration of objective measured differences. For the sake of this discussion, I would accept an oscilloscope measurement or another piece of actual test equipment and am not interested in listening based experiences i.e. subjective.

Second, sure there are easily measurable differences in pits even though the pits encode a "0" or "1".

1. I have not said that there must be differences in pits between the copies, all I have done is report the findings of both Martin Colloms and Barry with some comparison CD-Rs that I sent them. (copies of reports are available)

The only differences between the pairs was that one was ripped using a cheap USB powered DVD writer, and the other by an internal LG BR writer with a highly stable PSU.  The discs were burned using the LG Blu Ray writer with it's highly stable PSU

2. You are demanding proof from me of something that you know that not a single member here, yourself included, would be capable of providing, just as Mansr could find no proof of what Mani reported hearing with him present.

3.. You are singling me out with or your demands for proof when not a single member from either side has provided any definitive  proof in this thread or any other similar thread in the Objective area of this forum, not even a simple verified dB figure of the Audibility threshold.  That includes pkane and Plissken as well.

4. On several occasions I have volunteered test files to you, but you have made it plain that you have ZERO interest in even checking them .

5. In this very thread I have provided links to 2 pairs of comparison music videos which have identical SHA256 checksums , yet look and sound a little different, just like 0Audio verified recently, when he checked out the Miley Cyrus-Malibu videos which are linked to in this thread..  # 69

As usual, I am wasting my time because not a single member involved in this discussion appears to have shown any interest in them, OR perhaps doesn't have anything better than a typical Laptop to view them on ?.

I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't.  I get it that NOBODY likes their long held POV challenged, yet will spend all day arguing with a keyboard instead of a few minutes checking out supplied comparison files..

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 7/12/2020 at 7:00 PM, sandyk said:

I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't.  I get it that NOBODY likes their long held POV challenged, yet will spend all day arguing with a keyboard instead of a few minutes checking out supplied comparison files..

Alex,

I did listen awhile ago and couldn’t tell a difference. I’m not going to listen to each incantation nor look at each file. 

Regardless, this is the Objective subforum and we should be talking about objective measurable differences, not subjective impressions. If you can’t produce objective data, that’s ok, just don’t discuss here.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

8 hours ago, jabbr said:

Alex,

I did listen awhile ago and couldn’t tell a difference. I’m not going to listen to each incantation nor look at each file. 

Regardless, this is the Objective subforum and we should be talking about objective measurable differences, not subjective impressions. If you can’t produce objective data, that’s ok, just don’t discuss here.

This thread should never have been started in this Area of the forum as it was a thinly disguised personal arrack on me by Prof. Scott designed to deny me the ability to reply, which suits the Objective agenda. 

Again, this just proves what I have been saying about it being so much easier to bang away on a keyboard for hours or days rather than a few minutes spent checking  out posted comparisons in this thread where if your equipment is suitable, you should be able to both see and hear differences at the same time, as I have been able to markedly increase the differences compared with back in the days of this old 5 page thread,  Ripping the Subjectivist way- Deaf Cat (Via Google) which like several other threads where I have had confirmation from other members (  Deaf cat, el corso,coxhaus,topofdaworldma)  are unfortunately no longer directly accessible  due to forum upgrades presumably. 

Besides which, my earlier examples did not also include visual differences.as well as audible differences 
In any event, I have provided suitable test files, and it should be up to the Objective side to provide suitable measurements as Mansr attempted to do with Mani.

BYE !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 7/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, sandyk said:

This thread should never have been started in this Area of the forum as it was a thinly disguised personal arrack

Good arrack is tasty.

Please do not endlessly repeat that I refuse to listen to your files because I have and do not hear a difference. Do not accuse my equipment of being inadequate to hear the differences because that is simple offensive.

I agree that it’s best for you to avoid having objective discussions, but if you do please try not to be offensive.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.