IGNORED

New Objective-Fi Sub-forum

Seems a little letting off steam at first but some good stuff being talked about.

The technical level is above me but i can get the salient points and its interesting to read.

It must be frustrating having to repeat the same answers, as more new people ask about many fallacies or unproven facts.  Its still a shame it's become that 'bit' adversarial, we are lucky to have such knowledgeable people who take the time to help and answer questions.

Id be happy for the grey area again but without the ringside entertainment....

Disagreement with respect..

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's brilliant that you've provided a play-pen for the scientists, geeks and other various shades of wannabes.  They won't be happy of course.  Look out for plenty of toys being tossed.  They have little to zero interest in music per se.  It's not even the science...which at its root should be a voyage of curiosity, learning and discovery, not a book of rules.  These are people who just need to prove something but the only folks they impress are themselves. It drives them nuts that nobody seems to listen to them.  It's a kind of tragedy if you care to think about it.  Great that they've now got a place to talk to each other.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

On 3/17/2020 at 5:19 AM, OldBigEars said:

I think it's brilliant that you've provided a play-pen for the scientists, geeks and other various shades of wannabes.  They won't be happy of course.  Look out for plenty of toys being tossed.  They have little to zero interest in music per se.  It's not even the science...which at its root should be a voyage of curiosity, learning and discovery, not a book of rules.  These are people who just need to prove something but the only folks they impress are themselves. It drives them nuts that nobody seems to listen to them.  It's a kind of tragedy if you care to think about it.  Great that they've now got a place to talk to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:19 PM, OldBigEars said:

I agree. However it should not be permitted to be used as an area to launch attacks on Advertisers of the forum to put them out of business, with demands for measurements as it is being done at present, by several members who are members of both this forum and Audio Science review,   fuelled by perhaps inadequate measurements from both A.S.R and the Vendor, lack of properly implemented DBT sessions to confirm the results due to financial constraints in both cases, and conflicting commercial interests at A.S.R.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

By isolating logic from subjectivity, the board caters more to unnecessary spending.

???

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

49 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

It seems more like the subjective want to believe in fantasy and don't want to learn,  to justify their expenses, and want to be isolated from any sense of logic.  By isolating logic from subjectivity, the board caters more to unnecessary spending.

If that’s what you think, then so be it. No worries. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I guess the best way to counter isolating objective opinions is when someone suggests spending 5K on a dac let them know they can spend 1K and get something that sounds better....or buying $500 cables to spend $50 for the same output...

i guess if someone asks which cable lifters to buy, that an objectiivist isn't allowed to comment in that thread.

such a joke.

1 minute ago, beerandmusic said:

I guess the best way to counter isolating objective opinions is when someone suggests spending 5K on a dac let them know they can spend 1K and get something that sounds better....or buying $500 cables to spend $50 for the same output...

i guess if someone asks which cable lifters to buy, that an objectiivist isn't allowed to comment in that thread.

such a joke.

Why do you have the need to counter people? 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png