IGNORED

New Objective-Fi Sub-forum

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If this change was about money, then yes. But it isn’t. It’s about making an enjoyable hobby fun. Most people don’t bring a dietician with them to every restaurant so s/he can tell them how they are screwing their body. People like to enjoy audio without the audio police on their backs at every turn. 

you said this place was your livelihood - now say it is not about money

you need to make up your mind

1 minute ago, esldude said:

Is this the "you didn't use a linear power supply" audio police or the "you haven't heard it so you can't comment upon it" audio police?

Maybe the "your system isn't good enough to hear it" audio police or one of the variants of the "you aren't a music lover" audio police.

Reminds me of a streaming comedy called the "Medical police".  Sort of bad timing with events in China too. 

The audio police on both sides are equally as guilty. I make no excuses for either. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, Ralf11 said:

you said this place was your livelihood - now say it is not about money

you need to make up your mind

My mind is made up. Stop wasting my time. The change isn’t about money and I used the example of it being my livelihood to show I just might have more experience with how forums work than Joe Sixpack. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

According to the extremists, it’s everywhere except the Objective-Fi sub-forum. 

Just curious as I've read some posters referring to others as being an asshole or arrogant etc. Is there an actual definition of either and or method in determining whether one is truly an ass or arrogant, objectively speaking? Is this board tolerant of identity politics, that is, whether one self identifies as a frizzy haired brown eyed lad or not? 

Please follow an actual scientific method 'observation test-ability and repeatability', that is, in contrast to Darwinian 'macro evolution' or Climate Change narratives.

🤣

SMSL M400 DAC
Bluesound Node 2i

Sony 65 inch OLED A8G, Sony 4k Blue Ray X700

Parasound Halo A31 Amplifier

Tekton Ulfberht Speakers w/ Be high frequency upgrade [4 ohms ea.]
Two Tekton Active [300 watts rms] 4-10 Subwoofers

Double edge sword in here... free to express from technical, industrial experience but just an echo chamber  ...

You can still pull apart any product you like but no one to argue with? just back slapping. If thats not a fair reflection what percentage is proving a fact or just sticking it in and twisting. 

Marginalised dungeon..probably but i hope its a bastion of fact that tell me why a well made $5 amazon USB is fine, why the standard spec is fine, a better engineered is marketing BS or real quality engineering design.

Thats all fine and needed but i dont understand you dont get the application pushes people away. Its the perceived attitude not the facts. Or worse you do..

Do a full piece for Chris's A/S picks, pick the top 5 fallacies and do a full article in here, a searchable piece of hard information that can be referenced and stand up to scrutiny.  I see opportunity here, or a sterilised ASR slanging match to wind people up under the guise of knowledge sharing or debunking. 

People stopped caring and thats the real shame... now here we are....

We all lose out...

Good luck.. sincerely.

37 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

@The Computer Audiophile - one question: Do I presume correctly that the Question and Answer subforum will be exempt from the practice of moving objectivist disagreement with subjectivist claims to the Objective-Fi subforum? Becuase of the Q&A subforum were to be subjected to that rule, that would cross a serious line IMHO.

We will have to be OK with a little gray. I’m sure you can imagine questions where only obj or sub answers are desired and questions where both are desired. The Q&A section is a bit different than the normal forum and we’ll figure it out as we go. Those who want to be part of the solution are encouraged to communicate with me and the OP.