IGNORED

New Objective-Fi Sub-forum

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Rather than other adjectives can you offer an explanation of what’s draconian? Splitting discussions between two groups?

You are not splitting discussions between two groups.

You are carving off posts from one group into a sub-forum to make the other group happy.

If you wanted to do this in a fair and unbiased way, there should be two identical sub-forums: one for objective only threads and another for subjective only threads.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

8 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I think you really need to clarify your solution. Seems to me everyone is reading into it something different. It doesn’t help when you say that it’s a gray area.

Despite all the discussion I’m still not clear what you are going to do, what rules will be imposed, enforced, how and when. And while I can be easily confused, I don’t think of myself as particularly dense. 

If someone wants to start a thread about why the eR isn’t what it’s cracked up to be and show measurements, then the best place is in the Objective-Fi forum. It’ll be free from subjective nonsense and will allow people to really dig in technically. As it is now, that thread is nothing but derailed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You are not splitting discussions between two groups.

You are carving off posts from one group into a sub-forum to make the other group happy.

If you wanted to do this in a fair and unbiased way, there should be two identical sub-forums: one for objective only threads and another for subjective only threads.

Can you just take a breather and wait to see how it plays out?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

If this is true, then what are you whining about? You should have nothing to worry about.

Call it whining if you want. I get annoyed when Alex, One and a half, lasker98, Blackmorec, and a few others start filling up pages in what was until then an interesting thread with insults and other crap. When this happens, they are mostly replying to each other. Ignoring them doesn't help.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If someone wants to start a thread about why the eR isn’t what it’s cracked up to be and show measurements, then the best place is in the Objective-Fi forum. It’ll be free from subjective nonsense and will allow people to really dig in technically. As it is now, that thread is nothing but derailed. 

And you're blaming the victim.

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It doesn't work because people are coming in threads in the middle, nobody reads the entire thing, and people just don't care what others thing often times. I'm being 100% serious. We've had this for a long time, but the die hards on both sides don't care. 

The marker for the status of the thread would always appear at the top of every page for the thread, irrespective of how old, or how long - highlighted fairly strongly if necessary - even something simple like a special character at the beginning of the name of the thread, say,

7 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

keep going. What happens if there is a thread outside the Objective sub forum that I comment on based on my objective experience. Can I post there? What happens if I do post and someone doesn’t like my response? Or starts a fight with me? Or ...? What triggers the move of my posts into isolation chamber?

Most people can pick when there is a smirk embedded in the post, refuting the "subjectivist silliness" - I don't think a jury is needed to decide, what was the thrust behind the post ...

@The Computer Audiophile
Chris,

as the forum is open now, I'd like to make usage of it in a positive, reviving way.

Could you please move that thread, that has already experienced a sudden death in January

to this subforum? 
It wasn't intended at all as a troll honey pot (even Alex used it likewise), but as a meta-review on the form of discussion that leads to the rift in our hobby/community, It might offer nothing new to the cable war veterans, but for other it might be a source to understand what this is all about.
It has a funny side, not evident to everyone I need to admit, deriving from the original comments, however it offers the chance for self-reflection on the standard discussion procedures of both, objectivists and subjectivists, trying to maintain their proper battlefield.
My personal objective had been a focus on common sense by analysing the mechanism that leads to escalation.
It is not about retrieving the better (winning?) arguments or locating the best push bottons on the other side. 
And It won't hurt anyone if the thread would continue in the sub-forum here, I would assume, instead being a dead monument for what happens when the pot was seemingly overcooking and people report 2 quickly without consideration? 
At this point I need to admit, that the timing was less than ideal, then, and I hadn't been fully up to date on the discussions that went through the forum towards the end of the year
However, imho there is no need to leave it in the closed/dead state it is, and you may allow me to have moderating rights to clean up off-topic comments???

With all respect, Tom

1 hour ago, DuckToller said:

@The Computer Audiophile
Chris,

as the forum is open now, I'd like to make usage of it in a positive, reviving way.

Could you please move that thread, that has already experienced a sudden death in January

to this subforum? 
It wasn't intended at all as a troll honey pot (even Alex used it likewise), but as a meta-review on the form of discussion that leads to the rift in our hobby/community, It might offer nothing new to the cable war veterans, but for other it might be a source to understand what this is all about.
It has a funny side, not evident to everyone I need to admit, deriving from the original comments, however it offers the chance for self-reflection on the standard discussion procedures of both, objectivists and subjectivists, trying to maintain their proper battlefield.
My personal objective had been a focus on common sense by analysing the mechanism that leads to escalation.
It is not about retrieving the better (winning?) arguments or locating the best push bottons on the other side. 
And It won't hurt anyone if the thread would continue in the sub-forum here, I would assume, instead being a dead monument for what happens when the pot was seemingly overcooking and people report 2 quickly without consideration? 
At this point I need to admit, that the timing was less than ideal, then, and I hadn't been fully up to date on the discussions that went through the forum towards the end of the year
However, imho there is no need to leave it in the closed/dead state it is, and you may allow me to have moderating rights to clean up off-topic comments???

With all respect, Tom

It has been moved. I hope it's objective.

There is reality.

There is fantasy. 

Fantasy is usually more fun to most people.  As it is rather unconstrained.

Fantasy also makes the most money. 

Reality is very, very interesting, but most people rather keep the dream as fantasy rather than work to make the dream real. 

Fantasy will make more money everytime.

So now we must separate the less economically enhancing viewpoints into their own little second class world so as not to pollute the revenue stream. 

Ironically, the reality of social business is fantasy is the reality that has to be catered to as it pays the most.  Unless...........your aims aren't economically driven. 

Should the sub-forum be re-labeled to reflect that? 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

2 minutes ago, esldude said:

There is reality.

There is fantasy. 

Fantasy is usually more fun to most people.  As it is rather unconstrained.

Fantasy also makes the most money. 

Reality is very, very interesting, but most people rather keep the dream as fantasy rather than work to make the dream real. 

Fantasy will make more money everytime.

So now we must separate the less economically enhancing viewpoints into their own little second class world so as not to pollute the revenue stream. 

Ironically, the reality of social business is fantasy is the reality that has to be catered to as it pays the most.  Unless...........your aims aren't economically driven. 

Should the sub-forum be re-labeled to reflect that? 

If this change was about money, then yes. But it isn’t. It’s about making an enjoyable hobby fun. Most people don’t bring a dietician with them to every restaurant so s/he can tell them how they are screwing their body. People like to enjoy audio without the audio police on their backs at every turn.