IGNORED

New Objective-Fi Sub-forum

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm not calling objectivists crazies. I do think it's a little crazy that people are up in arms with a separate space to discuss matters that most people in the original spaces didn't want to read anyway. In a USB listening thread, almost nobody wants to read anything from objectivists. Yet, when I provide a space for objectivists to refute anything said in the USB cable threads, the objectivists get mad. Makes no sense to me. 

No, it's just that they like behaving in a crazy way ... at times. A lot of it is really directed at "their gang"; the drinking buddies who are having a great time slagging off at the other lot, down at the local.

5 minutes ago, Shimei said:

I recently experienced this myself. Purchasing a new pair of speakers I realized how unimpressed I was upon first listening. I later realized that it was because I was "expecting" a certain sound beforehand. My very presuppositions were an obstacle. 

This is where the 'subjectivist' stance gets irritating, for people like me. The speakers should sound like nothing - they merely part of the conduit that gives me sound ... if they add "seasoning" then they, or the system overall is not doing the job properly ... always two sides, 😉.

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It doesn't work because people are coming in threads in the middle, nobody reads the entire thing, and people just don't care what others thing often times. I'm being 100% serious. We've had this for a long time, but the die hards on both sides don't care. 

The marker for the status of the thread would always appear at the top of every page for the thread, irrespective of how old, or how long - highlighted fairly strongly if necessary - even something simple like a special character at the beginning of the name of the thread, say,

7 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

keep going. What happens if there is a thread outside the Objective sub forum that I comment on based on my objective experience. Can I post there? What happens if I do post and someone doesn’t like my response? Or starts a fight with me? Or ...? What triggers the move of my posts into isolation chamber?

Most people can pick when there is a smirk embedded in the post, refuting the "subjectivist silliness" - I don't think a jury is needed to decide, what was the thrust behind the post ...