IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

1 minute ago, firedog said:

People need to realize there's a difference between a thread (like the DLNA thread referenced above) where the OP asks for info/opinion and is clearly asking for all points of view, or a thread  where the OP says something like, "do you think USB cables can make a difference?", as opposed to a thread where the topic is "USB cable comparisons". In the latter, the OP clearly isn't asking to be told that there isn't a difference between cables and cables can't possibly make a difference.

In the first type of thread all points of view are welcome, in the second the objectivists clearly aren't welcome, especially if they want to be snarky. I don't really think this is rocket science.

I agree.

Perhaps there just needs to be a better way for those starting threads to indicate what kinds of opinions they welcome.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you think there are only a handful of people on Earth capable of debunking MQA and offering technical information, you're incorrect.

True but they will driving traffic to other sites in the future.

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't think the MQA discussion will fly at ASR. There is a monetary motive to push MQA over there. 

MQA is done. I was thinking of the future.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With other topics it isn't much different over there. If there's a financial interest, it won't be measured and compared to the least expensive options and talked about the same way as products from manufacturers that aren't liked. It's really all about using the term science as a mask, cherry picking the clap traps, and protecting one's own business. Fine with me, but I'm not willingly blind to it.

You seem to assume that the refugees are going to Amir's place. 

Just now, daverich4 said:

Any chance that’s a typo and you meant to say...

A Mansr gotta do what a Mansr gotta do?

Mans is his name.

30 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

I understand why some think that the new objective forum is them being "pushed away."  I have come to believe, as Chris has said, that this doesn't have to be the case.  I also like that he has said that non-repetitive, non-belittling, non name-calling objective, educational content is welcome in other areas of the forum.

I think those who decided to leave felt unappreciated.

I can't help but think that a simple message from Chris along the lines of the following would have prevented much of this unpleasantness and the exodus of good people:

"Sorry to hear you've decided to leave. I wish you'd reconsider this decision as you're a valued member of this forum."

26 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

No, I did not appreciate Ralf11's constant trolling and inane jokes.

I wasn't thinking of Ralf11 when I wrote my post as he was banned by Chris.

6 minutes ago, Blake said:

Wait, let's be clear:  He was banned for a reason.  The other day you mentioned that instead of Chris creating the new subforum and rules, that he should have simply addressed problems individually and ban the member if needed.  If you followed Ralf's history here and in particular you followed the thread where Ralf was taunting Chris (which resulted in the ban), well then, what should Chris have done?

I am not in disagreement with you. Please read my last two posts again.