IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

35 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I thought Sandy was removed from this thread - why are you addressing him?

Ah, ever the scamp. 😀

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

37 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

MQA is done. I was thinking of the future.

Unless @mansr has decided to absent himself from Web audio discussions entirely, his take will still be available to read. Not as convenient as reading it here, I know.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, tmtomh said:

Thanks for your reply, Chris. I'm sorry you feeling so thin on patience and I certainly can understand why you are feeling that way. I also am sorry to have contributed to that.

I will say, however, that this response is not what I was hoping for. I could let audiobomber's claim be, but I don't want to, because I'm a member here too, and this is not a thread about USB cables (I consciously considered what kind of thread I was about to post my reply in, because I have listened and tried to be attentive to what you're trying to accomplish here).

But if a polite, civil comment about the fact-opinion distinction, in a non-subjectivist thread, is considered to be hi-fi policing, then I'm inclined to withdraw from most discussion moving forward. Not going to throw a tantrum or ask for my account to be deleted. Just calmly saying it's not a set of parameters that contributes to my enjoyment of our shared hobby.

Hello my friend. I don't recall seeing a post of yours that wasn't measured and considered. That being the case, maybe it's possible to exercise your good judgment, with the possibility of sometimes being wrong (I've had posts removed by Chris and have apologized), and just go forward with that, rather than asking Chris to be OmniNanny.

4 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

I know my craft and don't think anything I've said is wrong, but if you believe so, you always have the freedom to (let me be the subjectivist pleb you feel I am). I don't even know who kunchur is (until now), the references are from other studies. Not posting it here and making a mess. Make a new thread and I'll post the relevant materials there.

Chris, I apologize for the post. Realized I made things worse than what it already was.

References from studies are always very welcome. I for one would be interested and happy to read them. As I noted above, it seems to me something like this would be perfect for the objective area of the forum, provided you are agreeable to abiding by the spirit and tone. Would you like to start a thread there?

I don't think it's revealing any confidences in saying that @manueljenkin tells me via PM he would like to eventually do a thread. Until then I may pass along references that seem interesting.