IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That place is very far from an objective pursuit of HiFi. But, I encourage people to have fun there if it's more their style. 

ASR is another example of a place "where nothing subjective is allowed".

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

I generally respond in the tone of the post I'm responding to, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So if the attitude of a few people improve or they leave, the tone of the site improves. I don't want objectivists or technical experts to leave, but if someone can't be civil, then better they go.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

38 minutes ago, Don Hills said:

Part of the problem is that beliefs without much scientific basis, such as USB cables sounding significantly different, are part of the enjoyment of this hobby. I enjoy driving my car more after I've just cleaned and polished it. I feel it goes faster and handles better. Objectively, I know it performs no better but I enjoy it more. So it is with system tweaks and listening.

I don't accept your analogy. USB cables sound different in my system, and also to most audiophiles. Polishing my car does not make it feel faster or handle better. Obviously not much point in debating it here,  but I didn't want to let it slide.

That kind of statement is the basis for most of the disagreement and rancor on this board. Since there are engineers and scientists who disagree with you, it is clearly not an established fact that only audiophiles believe that USB cables can sound significantly different. 

46 minutes ago, Don Hills said:

Relevance of analogy noted. Difference of opinion accepted. You also provide a good example of behaviour that should not be accepted in the objective sub-forum: appeals to authority without links to evidence.

Clearly you'll fit in very well over there. Best of luck to you.

7 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

Your comment raises an interesting question. The part of your claim that I have bolded is a claim about subjective impressions, but it is a factual and therefore objective claim about those impressions. 

Which I defended, two post above yours.