IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

3 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

That's not it. I was following up on your answer to Mans, and it made little sense to me in the context of what you described. Sorry if I tried to use some humor to illustrate the point.

To restate: is it OK to have objectively-sourced information posted in the subjective area of the forum? Ever? Or can it be done but only without snark? Or only if the subjective audience doesn't mind the answer? And is it the whole audience, at least 10 readers, or any one who complains that triggers the move to Objective-Fi? When and how is the decision made that an answer doesn't qualify for the subjective part of the forum?

+1

17 hours ago, thyname said:

You are totally missing the point with this move Chris @The Computer Audiophile. The “objectivists” post in all audio forums with a purpose: to save the poor souls from the evil of snake oil and high end audio charlatans and scammers. They already have their own site somewhere else (we know where). But they cannot save anyone there, as they are all saints. So they need to go to other places to do the saving. Like good missionaries. If they all talk between themselves, it’s very boring, and serves no purpose.

Bottom line: this ain’t gone work. Look up the meaning of “missionary” in dictionary. They need to go places

Please let me point out that there is, however, a thick grey area between missionaries and crusaders.
As a side note and my personal opinion: I usually sense a strong form of deliberate denigration of opponents when reading religious intentions attached to people or camps, who are per se rather agnostic (which in turn does not help against showing bad manners & attitudes in Audio forum discussions).  Just my 2cents.

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

with a desire to take offense at a subconscious mistake;

Frank, I decided to NOT bring that issue openly to discussion here in this threat. I have  sent you a pm instead, hoping you could as well refrain from discussing thyname's behaviour over at ASR, because I regard that discussion as unhelpful at Audiophile Style.