IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

2 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Hi Chris,

I applaud this (long overdue) effort to get rid of some of the incivility on AS.  I'm also a subjectivist with little need to read the 100th iteration of the same objectivist statement.

But I'm a bit concerned this is the wrong solution.  Two thoughts:

First, too much of the internet allows people to easily filter out those with whom we disagree.  In politics, this manifests itself as too many Democrats watching only MSNBC, and too many Republicans watching only Fox.  Collectively, we lose a common set of facts and ideas.  So I hope that does not happen here.

Second, you seem to suggest a much more obvious solution in your post when you refer to the usual suspects causing you to steer clear of certain threads.  I have the same problem.  The real answer is to get rid of the usual suspects so that the rest of us can enjoy your (our?) awesome website in aesthetic, intellectual, collegial peace.

Thanks again for all your great work

My guess is that they depart voluntarily when they realize that nobody is paying attention any more. The time to cull them out easily has long since past. It would have easier earlier on. And if you think this is bad now, (MSNBC vs Fox type behavior) just wait until this summer.