IGNORED

Digitize your LP's. NAD PP 3i for sale

For sale:  NAD PP3i analog preamp and A/D convertor.  Perfect condition, power supply included, lightly used and I can vouch for its effectiveness--having used it to convert about 200 LP's to digital (used Vinyl Studio into my laptop).  Unit dimensions are 5 3/4" wide, 2 3/4" deep, and 1 3/4" high.  U.S. ground (USPS or UPS) shipping included in price.  Paypal payment, only, please.

US $130 o.b.o.

It was well-reviewed in Stereophile.   Here's what NAD said about the device:

The NAD PP3i Digital Phono Pre Amplifier combines the award winning PP2 MM/MC Phono Preamp with a high quality Analogue-to-Digital converter with USB interface. Once your analogue LPs are digitized, the music can be burned onto CD-Rs' or transferred to portable music players. The PP-3 also includes the same analogue outputs as the NAD PP2 for connection to an analogue stereo system.

The NAD PP-3i phono preamp consists of a low noise discrete MC preamp followed by a low noise op-amp-based RIAA MM stage incorporating a 12 dB /octave infrasonic filter to attenuate turntable "rumble" noise. The output feeds the Line Output as well as the soft clipped input of an A/D converter with USB Output. This can be connected to any PC for recording from vinyl disc to PC hard drive.

The moving coil preamp is a 4 transistor low distortion amplifier noise-optimised for the very low source impedance of moving coil cartridges. It uses ultra low intrinsic base resistance transistors and operates two of them in parallel push pull for a further 3 dB lowering if input noise. Its input noise is typically 60nV, or 78 dB below 0.5mV (RIAA and A weighted). It has a gain of 15 times or 24 dB bringing the lowest output MC cartridges up to MM level. The input impedance is 100 ohms in parallel with 180 pF. The Moving magnet preamp section uses a low noise low distortion op-amp with RIAA equalisation and infrasonic filter in the feedback network. The gain at 1k is 35.2 dB, or 287 mV out for 5mV in with 23 dB overload margin and the frequency response is accurate within +/- 0.3 dB 50Hz-20k, +/- 1 dB 20-50Hz. The infrasonic filter has -3 dB point at 10Hz and is 14 dB down at 5 Hz. The input noise with IHF cartridge source is 0.75uV or 76 dB s/n re 5mV (RIAA and A weighted as per IHF202.)

The output of the NAD PP3i phono preamp is attenuated, further low pass filtered and fed to the input of the A/D converter. A Soft Clipping circuit is employed to prevent overdriving the A/D converter. The MM preamp has a 100 dB dynamic range and the A/D converter 89dB allowing NAD to optimise the gain for best signal to noise and lowest distortion. The A/D converter has a sampling frequency of 48kHz for USB compatibility and a THD of only 0.01% at 100% FS.

The power supply is an external 24V Switch Mode design that automatically adjusts to your AC supply from 100V to 240V (plug adapters included). This supply delivers raw DC to the NAD PP 3. Internal circuitry has precision low noise series current source /shunt regulator arrangement for low impedance and noise. The digital stage is fed by the 5V USB supply of the PC thus offering total isolation of the analogue and digital stages for clean low noise performance.

This sophisticated and cost-effective component allows you to enjoy your vinyl LP collection through your normal stereo system, but also gives the option to record your LP's into today's digital formats. The additional Line Input allows any other analogue source, be it FM radio, Tape, or the analogue output of your CD player, to be converted to the digital USB format. This also 'adds back' the input on your Amp or Receiver used up by the NAD PP3. This extra functionality makes the PP-3 an easy upgrade from the PP-2, while maintaining the PP-2's extraordinary performance and sound quality.

• Can be connected to any PC for recording from vinyl disc to PC hard drive.
  • Record your LP's into today's digital formats
  • Copy your LPs directly to a PC
  • 24V Switch Mode design
  • 12 dB /octave infrasonic filter to attenuate turntable "rumble" noise
  • Analogue-to-Digital converter with USB interface
  • 100 dB dynamic range.

NAD front.jpg

NAD back.jpg