IGNORED

Music library (backup) in the cloud?

I use LiveDrive ( as recommended by a poster here a few months ago) which offers two types of backup one of which is unlimited ( but I would double check with them given a 5TB library) and costs me 48 gbp per annum.

I have a much smaller library than you amounting currently to about 700GB . That took about 4 hours to upload but this is not only defined by the upload speed from the user but also because everything they store is encrypted. This adds to upload time as one can see that when the desktop app indicates the upload is complete at the user end processing at their end is continuing. I can't see that as a problem unless you wanted an immediate restore. I would add that you do not need to complete the upload in one hit. The very simple and intuitive backup app will pick up where it left off before. Regular updates thereon obviously only take a few minutes.

I would add that I have also found their customer service of high quality.

BTW I am a belt and braces kind of person so I also keep copies of my music library on HDDs, the cloud backup being a substitute for what was an off site copy kept with a friend. That got a bit complex when updates were required.