IGNORED

Music library (backup) in the cloud?

On 2/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jud said:

Google Drive, now called Google One, charges $9.99 a month for 2TB, $99.99 a month for 10TB. So let's say you established 3 separate accounts of 2TB each for your 5TB of files, you'd be spending $30 a month (or $300 annually if prepaid).

Might need to research again. G Suite is $12 a month for unlimited. I’ve got 9tb backing up and started 11 days ago. 2.7 tb uploaded so far. Best option by far. 

On 2/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, mansr said:

I keep a copy of my music in Google Drive. Besides serving as backup, it allows me to play it when away from home. Using BubbleUPnP, I can play it either directly on the phone or through any UPnP/DLNA device.

The initial upload took a while, but once that was done, keeping it up to date hasn't been too bad.

What’s the iPhone equivalent? I’ve been using CloudBeats. 

2 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Interesting. However, when I look at pricing, it says unlimited cloud storage or 1TB per user in case of less than 5 users. So how does that work in your case?

I have what’s called G Suite. It’s a $14 dollar one time fee which gets you a domain name. The it’s $12 dollars a month for unlimited. I’ve got friends with 37 tb - 54tb of data backed up to their G Suite. Since I’m the only uploader on mine I get unlimited data. 

I can play the files directly from Google or use a third party player in my car with CarPlay. It’s by far the best value for the money. My entire Synolgy NAS setup is automaticity backed up to G Suite. 

2 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Speed is rather important to me, and I believe Google is considerably faster than Backblaze, and even faster than something like pCloud. Do you remember how much time it took to upload 1TB with Backblaze?

speed for GSuite is whatever your upload speed is and mine is low... 20Mbps upload but if yours is faster then you will be able to upload more than 300 gb a day. G Suite one user gets unlimited if you have 5 people using your G Suite that’s when limitations kick in and when I say 5 users I mean 4 registered people in the group. I can share links with whomever I choose. 

This should answer your questions about pricing and users https://gsuite.google.com/pricing.html

I was nervous at first about the wording but my bill is always the same and my data is unlimited. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, bodiebill said:

Ah confusing. Google say unlimited only starts when you pay for at least 5 users. But they have not enforced the 1TB for the last few years. See https://servergems.com/unlimited-google-drive-storage/ When they start enforcing the 1TB the cost would be times 5. 

Okay but I’m not using that service so that’s not applicable to me. I’m using G Suite Business. Unlimited data storage for one user so no need for me to worry. The main reason I have to collect my own lossless copies is the music I listen to mainly won’t EVER be on Qbuoz or Tidal. Some streaming services do have some Dave Matthews Band stuff but I can’t find a streaming service besides nugs.net that offfers all the Widespread Panic shows in

lossless but then I can’t listen to more mainstream music on that service. 

Chris CarPlay article is what got me interested in getting my NAS in the cloud to play in my Genesis G 70 Sport plus at work. 

On 2/17/2020 at 12:29 PM, bodiebill said:

I just subscribed to Jottacloud for a one-month account and am currently uploading my library. With some luck this will complete within that month. Initial impressions are good in terms of speed (especially download is very fast, upload is approx. 20MB/s in my case) and intuitive UI.

€7,50 per month unlimited; beyond 5TB upload speed goes down...

To each their own but I’ll never understand people that ask about suggestions about where to store music and when presented with suggestions does one that nobody has heard of or suggested. Jottacloud? Really?