The Computer Audiophile

RAAL-requisite SR1a Has Landed

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, davide256 said:

Seems one reviewer liked these with the inexpensive Schiit VIdar. Kind of crazy that these need such high wattage, rules out the LTA products for amplification.

And they really do need the wattage recommended. I've ready every review and commentary on these, and its 150-200wpc solid state and 100wpc tube. A couple reviewers have been able to listen to quieter music, at quieter levels with a bit less, but no one wants those limitations. One reviewer tried them with the otherwise excellent Audio Research  Reference 75 tube amp, which produces a very solid 75wpc, and stated that it was clear the RAAL's were still a bit underpowered! 

JC

The SR1a still with the Vidar monos, but now with the dCS Rossini is superb. Have some tubes for the MC275 shipping this week. Still researching other amps and looking forward to additional manufacturers coming out with direct amps for these cans. 

IMG_1473.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

5 minutes ago, PeterG said:

A much happier read than State of the Union!  I have been looking at these for a few weeks, and Danny at Requisite has assured me that the MC275 will do well with them.  You might drop him a line to ask why the blown tube/fuse. 

Also, one of the amazing things about your impressions here is that your alternative is not some sort of mid range compromise set up--it's your Wilsons.  To read that you're excited to ignore such magnificent speakers has me on the edge of my seat.

Rock on!

I’ve been communicating with Alex from RAAL-requisite today via email. Very nice guy who has offered to provide whatever information I need to help the review process. 

The new tubes are on the way. Luscious listening impressions also on the way. 

Yes, my main system is the best I’ve ever had. I’d put it up against almost anything, based on the sound I’m getting now. That said, I’ve been on the SR1a headphones almost exclusively since I got them. So great!

8A79A217-1E73-4C8A-9688-A397965D70D8.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings