IGNORED

RAAL-requisite SR1a Has Landed

1 minute ago, jp11801 said:

@The Computer Audiophile  Clearly not all watts are equal as this amp has plenty of power and dynamics. I do have to admit to a touch of jealously seeing your amp comparison. I am also hunting a particular used amp to shoot this out with. 

I've been listening all morning :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Speaking of Sanders, do any SR1a users also use Sanders ESL loudspeakers or Martin Logans ESLs and can comment on the sonic transparency of these electrostats compared to the RAALs.

CJH

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the difference is between the SR1a and SRH1a? I see some cosmetic differences but do we know if there is anything more than that? [stole the image from Jek Murao on FB group "The Headphone Experience"]

118450808_10217990704147267_5669809033392831985_o.jpg

10 minutes ago, cfisher said:

Anyone know what the difference is between the SR1a and SRH1a? I see some cosmetic differences but do we know if there is anything more than that? [stole the image from Jek Murao on FB group "The Headphone Experience"]

118450808_10217990704147267_5669809033392831985_o.jpg

I think the H1a is a preproduction model. 

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think the H1a is a preproduction model. 

I don't know. The aesthetic differences are improvements (shiny and better brand logo). I emailed Danny. I will post if he replies.

7 minutes ago, cfisher said:

I don't know. The aesthetic differences are improvements (shiny and better brand logo). I emailed Danny. I will post if he replies.

SRH1a was the original name back in 2018. see first sentence in first post. 

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/raal-ribbon-headphones-srh1a.890603/

4 minutes ago, cfisher said:

Well that's good to know! Thanks. I think they were right to lop a letter off that hideous product name. Still, not sure why they didn't keep the better branding.

Agree. I’m no branding expert but I much prefer simple names like Alexia, Sasha, etc... over mixed letter and number names. 

the interesting thing to me about the raal is that I now have said the raal offered used along with the Jotr for 3200 dollars and one of the offers actually also included a moon audio cable...obviously 3200 isnt cheap but in this new world of 4-6K headphones it seems to me that this is one of audio's bargains...I speak as one who also owns the susvara and abyss TC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...