IGNORED

RAAL-requisite SR1a Has Landed

Do you by any chance know how these ribbon headphones differ from the ribbons offered by HEDD Audio's HEDDphone?

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 

Thank you for clarifying.

I found further insight from this link that compared folded and pleated ribbons. It also included the RAAL's true ribbon in the discussion for anyone who wants to understand better.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/2113482-folded-pleated-ribbon-comparison.html

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 

I heard from reviews that some find the RAAL SR1a's a little bright. To me it feels like many ribbons and electrostatics do not punch as hard dynamic headphones or even planar's like Abyss, Audeze, or HiFiMAN and emphasizes the high frequencies. Is this true? I do know the new HEDDphone is more balanced but still has somewhat of a fixture on treble qualities that I don't find to be good sounding.

=  ︿  = 

Thanks for giving me motivation to give them a try.

My headphone amplifier can only operate in Class-A to a certain degree, enough for all headphones including K1000.

Unfortunately at 50W into 8 ohms it changes to Class-AB operation.

I notice these SR1a's are 6 ohms with a power rating of 100W. If these are recommended 50W per channel, then it seems I have to use my 50W Class-A monoblock that's being using for the loudspeakers in living room just to power these.

It's going to be awkward having a headphone cable come from each monoblock but hey, it's audiophile right? 🙄

=  ︿  =