Ralf11

Most Mellifluous Motor

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

I'm sorry, to me it sounds ..harsh.

I bet they didn't use tubes, like Russians did in old MIGs ;)

I am pretty sure they are still using tubes... Something about resistance to EMP, I think.

No electron left behind...

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am pretty sure they are still using tubes... Something about resistance to EMP, I think.

It's possible. I actually used a tube amp based on 6C33 tubes (from the 80's) that were used in MIGs. 

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

It's possible. I actually used a tube amp based on 6C33 tubes (from the 80's) that were used in MIGs. 

There are a few manufacturers using them today, most notably Balanced Audio Tech.

No electron left behind...

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

There are a few manufacturers using them today, most notably Balanced Audio Tech.

Correct, these are very good sounding tubes in particular when working in class A with zero feedback.

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

Probably even more hard core than the previous one. Not for the faint hearted! :)

―  William Shakespeare.