IGNORED

Alternative for XLD?

Just now, Boy Howdy said:

Folks:

My iMac won't load XLD, stating that this is because it cannot verify the author.  Haven't ripped in a long while (since Tidal actually 8^) so I need an alternative.  Please advise of an alternative or where to get XLD that my iMac will load.

Thanks,

Mike

What version of macOS are you currently running?

Was hoping for a bit of back and forth with the OP, but there are ways to allow execution even in Catalina.

To temporarily disable the security feature in Catalina, type this in a terminal window (there are ways in the GUI in previous versions of macOS):

sudo spctl --master-disable 

Now, launch XLD.  To reinstate the app blocking, type:

sudo spctl --master-enable

Now you can continue to use XLD as before

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

XLD on two various macs, one with updated Catalina, other with High Sierra. XLD updated to the newest version on both, installed properly and works well. 

Did you download XLD from the proper source? Try https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html 

At the time I thought I had—but maybe not. Anyway I downloaded from the link and it turned out to be the same version I have that works...so who knows what was going on.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:14 PM, Boy Howdy said:

Folks:

My iMac won't load XLD, stating that this is because it cannot verify the author.  Haven't ripped in a long while (since Tidal actually 8^) so I need an alternative.  Please advise of an alternative or where to get XLD that my iMac will load.

Thanks,

Mike

Go to System preferences/Security & privacy in the first screen you have to allow XLD to run on your Mac. My screenshot is in Dutch but you should get the gist.

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-18 om 10.54.55.png

- got the AIFF on the APFS -