IGNORED

Problem with Windows Server 2019 core mode evaluation - how could I activate the 180 days trial period?

grunter

Hi, I'm using Windows Server 2019 core mode with AO 3.00.
I've downloaded Windows Server 2019 standard evaluation iso from the link that we could find in the AO pdf guide at page 4.
The question is how could I activate the 180 days trial period?
Infact, without activating the trial period, windows server is shutting down randomly, as we could read in the "windows_server_2019_setup_guide.pdf" at the bottom of page 6
"If you are using the Trial/Evaluation Edition of Server 2019, you need an active internet connection for the System to activate itself online. If the system cannot activate itself online, it will not run for the full trial period and will start shutting down the machine automatically if idle".

Is there a command I could run to activate the trial period?
Have I got to do a configuration in order to activate Internet connection on windows server 2019 core?
Thanks.

Hello

You don't need to do anything for the activation of windows server trial/eval. It will happen by itself, you just need a properly working internet connection from that machine. (Have your network settings correct, define a unique IP and subnet mask, DNS must work and a working gateway must be specified etc. if not all done automatically by DHCP).

As long as windows server it is not activated, it will shutdown itself after 2 hours of usage.

If you want to try to force the activation, try "slmgr.vbs -ato" in a admin command prompt 👍🏼

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hello

then there is something wrong with the windows installation itself. Either try googling or just try with a clean reinstall.

should be fine, the activation of the windows server trial did not cause lots of issues during the past years.

very best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Installing AO definitely not. Actually running it, well the it depends on the options you chose.

Try a reset using ServiceTool then 👍🏼