IGNORED

Newly Available Mo-Fi Dire Straits SACD's

Just saw this from a note in my e-mail today from Elusive Disc. Usually, Mo-Fi is an indicator of quality recordings.

Just wondering if anyone has jumped on this yet, and what you thought of the sound quality.

JC

DIRE STRAITS SACDS FROM MOFI NOW IN STOCK

Image of Dire Straits Dire Straits

Dire Straits Dire Straits

Hybrid Stereo SACD / $29.99

Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD from Mobile Fidelity! Mastered From Original Master Tapes!

Image of Dire Straits Making Movies

Dire Straits Making Movies

Hybrid Stereo SACD / $29.99

Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD from Mobile Fidelity! Mastered From Original Master Tapes!

1 hour ago, TubeLover said:

Usually, Mo-Fi is an indicator of quality recordings.

I would personally rather use the word 'sometimes'.

1 hour ago, TubeLover said:

Just wondering if anyone has jumped on this yet, and what you thought of the sound quality.

1 hour ago, JazzDoc2 said:

They are all good. The first album is excellent

In particular in comparison to 2010-2012 Japanese SACDs. I have MoFi 'Brothers in Arms' only, but have no possibility of comparing its sound with any other release. BTW I never liked the sound of this album (dry and thin, an early digital recording AFAI remember),

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I would personally rather use the word 'sometimes'.

In particular in comparison to 2010-2012 Japanese SACDs. I have MoFi 'Brothers in Arms' only, but have no possibility of comparing its sound with any other release. BTW I never liked the sound of this album (dry and thin, an early digital recording AFAI remember),

There are quite a number of versions of Brothers In Arms, and they vary. We should eventually be fortunate enough to see a new article about this in the absolutely outstanding "Best Version Of" series by by JoshM. When I recommended that he do just that, he replied 

"That's absolutely on my list. The varying track lengths are a big question mark with it, too." 

Can't wait!

JC