sphinxsix

Tempting LPs Prices..

Rate this topic

When reading the post, I first thought it was about vintage pressings (in mint condition). But these are only reissues.

They probably think that the special effort they took in mastering them makes them extremely valuable

The Electric Recording Company

But state of the art LP reissues by Analogue Productions (45rpm 2LP sets), MFSL and other audiophile labels go for $30-50 usually.

Those classic jazz sessions get reissued all the time in audiophile formats, so this specific reissue will hardly become a collector's item.

Claude

1 hour ago, CatManDo said:

They probably think that the special effort they took in mastering them makes them extremely valuable

I believe it may be as much about quantity as about their quality. Or maybe even more than 'as much'.. From their site:

Only 300 copies of each will be sold.
ERC will not undertake a repress of any release at any future point.

Check out this, guys:

Mussorgsky: Pictures At The Exhibition [Ultra High Fidelity Reel to Reel Tape], Released: 2019,  £460.95(from £22 per month for 24 months..x-D)

BTW: :)

PINK FLOYD MEDDLE JAPAN REEL TO REEL TAPE   US $5,000.00   (no, it's not $5:)

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:15 AM, sphinxsix said:

I believe it may be as much about quantity as about their quality. Or maybe even more than 'as much'.. From their site:

Check out this, guys:

Mussorgsky: Pictures At The Exhibition [Ultra High Fidelity Reel to Reel Tape], Released: 2019,  £460.95(from £22 per month for 24 months..x-D)

BTW: :)

PINK FLOYD MEDDLE JAPAN REEL TO REEL TAPE   US $5,000.00   (no, it's not $5:)

I have both the great Reiner Pictures at an Exhibition (not the performance on the tape) and PF Meddle in my safety master tape collection - both on 1/2" tape - 2 track.  Great sounding.  Let's see whether the Meddle (on 7.5ips 4 track) sells at all and for how much. 

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeromono,Bottlehead and Herron VTPH2APhonoPre,2Ampex ATR-102s, Doshi3.0TapePrePro

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacMicroModel2

Dig Play-Lampi Pacific, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchpre,Cary2A3monoamps

Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-512Engineering-MarutaniSymmetrical Power,ArtKelmGroundOneIsoTrans,AudioDiskeSystemVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat

Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.6KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs ,50TBripped files