IGNORED

Exclusive mode not working properly with Tidal - Windows 10

I just opened a ticket with Tidal support but I'll try my luck here as well. Here is what I sent to Tidal:

In Settings > Streaming, I have Streaming Audio Quality set to Master.

Under Sound Output, my DAC is selected (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 first gen.) and under More Settings "Use Exclusive Mode" and "Force volume" are both selected.

In Windows Sound Settings for the DAC, both boxes are checked under "Exclusive Mode".+

The problem is that when I change from a HIFI (44.1kHz) song to a MASTER song that should switch the DAC to a higher frequency (96kHz for example) the frequency does not change.

In contrast, when I use JRiver Media Center and play a 44.1kHz file, the DAC changes automatically to 44.1. Same for 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz files. The correct frequency is selected in Media Center but not in Tidal.

This problem seems to exist in MacOS as well as in Windows. I would be happy if I could get it fixed in Windows. Thank you.

The Scarlett 6i6 has the Black Lion Audio mods and drives my Sennheiser HD650 headphones nicely. Has anyone been down this road and found a fix? Thank you and thanks Chris for this great site!

Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop--Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit--M2TECH hiFace USB-S/PDIF interface-->coaxial output cable-->

MacBook Pro--Sierra--optical output cable-->

Raspberry Pi 2--Pixel--USB output cable-->

Simaudio MOON 100D DAC (USB, coaxial and optical connections in use)--Yamaha RX-V640 receiver

--Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 (with NOS Raytheon 5670)--used as bypassable vacuum tube preamp stage--Topping TP60 stereo power amplifier--one pi bass reflex speakers--homebuilt--plans from Wayne at pispeakers.com

--QSC model 5.1 stereo power amplifier--ACI Rage 12" subwoofer in homebuilt sealed 2 ft^3 enclosure

--Denon AH-A100 headphones

No resolution yet but I found a decent workaround:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

I will update the thread if a fix is found.

Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop--Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit--M2TECH hiFace USB-S/PDIF interface-->coaxial output cable-->

MacBook Pro--Sierra--optical output cable-->

Raspberry Pi 2--Pixel--USB output cable-->

Simaudio MOON 100D DAC (USB, coaxial and optical connections in use)--Yamaha RX-V640 receiver

--Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 (with NOS Raytheon 5670)--used as bypassable vacuum tube preamp stage--Topping TP60 stereo power amplifier--one pi bass reflex speakers--homebuilt--plans from Wayne at pispeakers.com

--QSC model 5.1 stereo power amplifier--ACI Rage 12" subwoofer in homebuilt sealed 2 ft^3 enclosure

--Denon AH-A100 headphones