IGNORED

Something New Has Arrived :~)

17 minutes ago, fas42 said:

- using an extremely capable isolating transformer obviously is an excellent add-on for getting there, but is not essential.

It appears to be way more of a problem in 60HZ 117VAC countries, or in high rise apartment buildings with lifts etc. elsewhere

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

16 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Also if your house has many other contributors to generating rubbish.

Hi Gary

In my experience, in most typical Au. suburban type areas, you only need a couple of decent mains filters at the right places to ensure no problems. ( I use 2 DIY filters including the attached with my P.C.)

Failing fluorescent lights and cheap and nasty Energy 'efficient' LED clusters  can cause these problems, yet well designed equipment shouldn't normally be susceptible to the "Intermittent Monsters".

You do of course , however, need a decent Mains Earth .

Regards

Alex

3900W EMI 18A HF Power Filter Board DIY Kit.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

EMC filters are effective for digital devices where the AC current is small, but not that great benefit for power amps.

I get your point about CY2.

I do have a different DIY filter in line with my 15W Class A's separate Regulated PSU which also has 2 separate toroidal transformers inside it that supply my Preamp 18-0-18VAC , but I would never use a filter in line with a high powered amplifier.:o

I do not feel the need to do any more in this area judging by what I have seen at the output of my Preamp at maximum volume using my CRO at maximum sensitivity,in conjunction with a very low noise  x10 gain Preamplifier where the result is more like a blurred line with what appears to be a tiny amount of almost invisible SMPS crud from the nearby TV .