IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Launches Polestar Beta

Looks fantastic. Hope it takes off.

Sorry if I've missed it ... will Polestar feature products not currently in production and available via retail; in other words, the second-hand market?

If so, "Price" when adding a product will be arbitrary in a particular way.

If not, what happens when products become "end of life" or no longer manufactured.

I would love inclusion of older products. Polestar would be a more comprehensive resource. I hope it would become the go to internet reference.

Absolutely agree with keeping reviews to those from actual owners - and keeping the zone free of contamination by others who just have to have a showy opinion about everything.

1 hour ago, One and a half said:

I wouldn’t have thought end of life was important, audio gear can be 30 years old plus and still going, finding out extra information on that topic would be very enjoyable and interesting.

Agree very much that "end of life" isn't important in an absolute sense. I still maintain and love my Snell Type A III speakers, and wouldn't be at all disappointed if I never replaced them. And yes - information on re-foaming drivers and all sorts of other things is going to be useful wherever it can be found. But is Polestar the place to review my Snell Type A III (along with all sorts of other vintage gear) if the AS vision for Polestar is more that of a "shopfront". Oops I was a bit blunt there, but Chris will know exactly what I mean to be sure.

If Polestar is for "current" products, are they removed when production ceases? Where are the lines (if any)?