IGNORED

Paul's view on Cables, Audio Precision Analyzer, etc.

Blake

On 2/4/2020 at 7:01 PM, mansr said:

As a rule of thumb, if you're looking for the truth, you can take whatever Paul McGowan says and invert it.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:08 AM, tapatrick said:

is this an objective statement...?

Not necessarily - but it is a statement with plenty of empirical evidence to back it up.

8 hours ago, opus101 said:

Its a mythological beast. I have asked on at least one other forum whether there is in reality a category of such ('competently designed DAC' is a popular synonym), but precisely zero people have offered a checklist so that any particular DAC can be included in (or excluded from) the mythical category. A category without such a means of inclusion/exclusion only exists in the imagination.

I don't think there are any specific traits that are necessary for or prohibitive of a competent design. The presence of certain design elements are at best indicative one way or the other. Reality is not made up of simple categories defined by checkboxes. That's marketing.

1 hour ago, marce said:

And so it goes on...

The myths will continue, as you may be aware I don't post here often, because I believe that any non belief based view will be expunged from the history books (well threads), discussion is not an option...

And so consumer audio move backwards a little more...

I was going to comment on USB,noise etc. but to be honest as my above sentence points out it is a waste of time.

As many keep saying digital audio has been going for decades yet does not seem to follow the same development as all other fields of electronics, look at what has been achieved in electronics since the CD first appeared and ask yourself why commercial/domestic audio is still surrounded by myths, unfounded beliefs and the fact that many can't accept the fact bits are bits...

So you don’t post here often because there is discussion on both sides?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 minutes ago, marce said:

No I think discussion has been stifled, we cannot have an open discussion anymore because some are offended when beliefs are questioned, I think audiophilia is becoming more of a religion than a technical hobby... And it is a technical hobby whatever anyone says, I know many will disagree, but it is... Listening to music is not technical... But messing around with the kit is, if claims of improved fidelity are made.🙂

I did use the work expunged for a reason...

Ok, understood. I have some changes for the site, almost ready to announce. People will be able to discuss things without the other side stifling discussion. It will work both ways. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Not necessarily - but it is a statement with plenty of empirical evidence to back it up.

I'd be curious to see the evidence...

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

23 minutes ago, marce said:

As proven by the posts disagreeing with my comment...

The labels used are meaningless, subjective/objective most are a bit of both. Its the hard core beliefs, that can't be questioned, yet it is these that must be questioned if the improvements are really to be made in musical reproduction...

This is an example of why changes are coming. People feel stifled if others disagree, leading people to stop posting altogether. Not everyone and not every disagreement, but too often the disagreement just can't be said in a way that's acceptable. Many people are just rude to others. The only answer is to give them their own space to be rude.