JoshM

Article: Matrix X-SABRE Pro (MQA) DAC Review

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, MPA1 said:

same can be said for this forum.. lets just be happy there are different flavours.

Thus my statement "Every Forum"  Don't read too much into it

2 hours ago, Foggie said:

Thus my statement "Every Forum"  Don't read too much into it

I meant this forum, don't get exited😀

Thanks for this review.  Wondered on these pages why there were no reviews of this and other high value/high feature DACs like this and Topping and Yulong...

Unless I missed it, no mention on how this sounds with CA approved software like HQ Player or A+ taking advantage of this unit's ability to play DSD256+ up converted files like I do every day on my Mytek B+? My experience is that these software players take the performance of the B+ to a much higher level.  Comparing the Schitt unit at its top resolution versus the XSP at its top available resolution would be a more realistic display of how it would be best employed by a CA member.

As a 100% CA music player, I have sold my 8 tube pre amp (expensive attenuator) and run my power amp from my B+ DAC straight up.  Some comparison of the XSP in preamp mode versus a B+ or other product like the RME would also be informative for those of us who believe that pre amps are boat anchors if you are 100% CA.

Tone with Soul